The University of Fredericton's Diploma in Safety, Health and Environmental Management (SHEM) is designed for existing safety practitioners, and is the first diploma level program offered online at this academic level. Students will find themselves stretched by new critical thinking skills, and bring a much richer professional perspective to their daily practice. The SHEM program will provide students with the knowledge required to develop, implement, and evaluate occupational health and safety programs and systems in the workplace.
- A valid Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) Designation or a University of Fredericton approved Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety. This OHS Certificate must be equivalent to a minimum of 300 hours of directly related health and safety education.
- One of the following must be sent to the University of Fredericton: An official transcript confirming the completion of an Occupational Health and Safety Certificate with a minimum of 300 hours, mailed directly from the college or university, or CRSP designation number.
- English Proficiency requirement: A strong understanding of the English language and business writing. A score of 550 or more of TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) test (213 for the computer-based test) or a score of 6.5 or more of the International English Language Testing system (IELTS). This is exempted for those who obtained an undergraduate degree from an English-language University, or studied in an English-speaking country for at least five years.
- International Applicant: Degree transcript in English evaluated by World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS) and notorized by lawyer need to be sent directly for Admissions Office.
Assessment involves assignments, online tests and completion of a project, for which guidance will be provided as a part of the course. Entire course can be finished in less than 3 years and 6 months by accelerated learning by spending more the the recommended hours by part-time study.
Diploma in Health, Safety and Environment qualification from the University of Fredericton, Canada, for those who passed all the required examinations.
As an approved provider of the University of Fredericton (UFRED), we would be glad to register you, contact us to check for special offers: firstname.lastname@example.org
This Diploma in Safety, Health and Environmental Management (SHEM) Online Qualification covers the following academic courses:
- Organizational Dynamics
- Ergonomics Foundations
- Psycho-Social Hazards
- Environmental Management
- Risk Assessment
- Disability Management Introduction
- Advanced Ergonomics
- Disability Management Essential Program Elements
- Effective Communication and Interviewing
- Modern Training Systems
- Canadian Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Law